Beck / Hello-Again
Hello Again is an interactive film created by Chris Milk featuring Beck’s cover of David Bowie’s ‘Sound and Vision.’
The experience incorporates 360° cameras, 360° binaural audio, and facial tracking navigation for a first-of-its-kind, immersive audio visual experience that invites users at home to become part of the performance.
Together with STOPP/FAMILY (now MediaMonks), for director Chris Milk and artist Beck, I developed the Hello-Again experience on mobiles, tablets and non-flash fallback for desktop. The 360 flash experience is developed by STOPP/FAMILY (now MediaMonks).
- Cannes: GOLD Cyber Lion – Websites & Microsites
- Cannes: GOLD Cyber Lion – Best Sound Design
- Cannes: BRONZE Cyber Lion – User Experience
- Webby Award: Best Use of Video
- Webby Award: Best Automotive Campaign
- The FWA: Site Of The Month
- The FWA: Site Of The Day
- Clio: Bronze – Branded Entertainment & Content
- 2014 INTERACTIVE SILVER PENCIL
This project also received some great attention and reviews on the wide web.
- Rolling Stone Music, Beck Remakes Bowie’s ‘Sound and Vision’ With ‘No Limitations’
- Wired.com, Navigate Beck’s Performance of ‘Sound and Vision’ as a 360-Degree Interactive Video
- Co.Create, A new vision for sound: Chris Milk breaks down how “Beck: Hello, Again” was made
- The Basement, The ‘Hello, Again’ Experience: Beck Reimagines David Bowie’s ‘Sound and Vision’